12.23.2012

Fancifully Adorned Stick

Check out this fun project I did with Mercury today:

  
                                                                                       
Mercury has a thing for sticks and picked another one up the other day while we were outside so we thought we'd dress it up a little.  We found a bunch of random beads/buttons- I am a bead/button hoarder and have hundreds if not thousands of beads and buttons that I will likely never use.  I have a whole container my mother gave me last year that she'd had for years...I have beads from my great grandmother.  So, we got those out and some paint pens, ribbon scraps, snippets of old colorful drinking straws, scrap puzzle pieces and googly eyes.  She told me what she wanted and where, while I manned the hot glue gun.  She's getting really into processes in her art now.  She colors with all manner of coloring media and then cuts and glues and uses stickers on the same paper.
     
                   
finished products

Using multiple techniques within one project makes some great end products.  It also gets me really excited about her making something more than just some scribbles on a color page.  The stick has started to become a character and will probably star in its own story that we will write and illustrate.  The whole thing was a blast, I would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment