3.08.2011

preparation for birthday #1!

my daughter's FIRST birthday is this friday and her party is the 19th so i have TONS of work to do...so far i have the invitations and her "1" shirt for on her birthday and during the party done.


that's it- no crafts, cakes, cupcakes, decorations or anything else...so, let's see how much stuff i can make happen in a little more than a week!  here's a peek at the cake's i've made for the last two birthday parties i've thrown.  the first is for my friend eric who hadn't had a proper birthday party for far too long because his birthday is too close to a holiday.  so we decided to throw him the best party we could must up, all eric-centered.
I made a portrait of him in cake (details and more well-lit pictures of which can be found on my flicker- http://www.flickr.com/photos/gravystrudle/5475773402/in/set-72157626132784436/ ) My most recent birthday cake extraordinaire was for my husband- who is particularly fond of things that "go boom".  I made him a (fully functioning) ACME Bomb cake.  If you are interested you can see the full video of the cake in action as well as the after photo go here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gravystrudle/5475773772/in/set-72157626132784436/.  I can't wait for this extra special birthday party for my little girl.  Keep posted, I will update on what i've come up with for this fantastic event!

No comments:

Post a Comment